Saturday 1 July 2017

HAPPY DOCTORS DAY AMMA ....



HAPPY DOCTORS DAY AMMA!!!!!
Thank you will be not enough when it comes to you ….. But I feel it’s the time that I should think and thank of all the hard work and commitment she had delivered to her patients and society. It’s the high time that I should thank her for everything she has been all these years. I feel proud that I am writing a thank you note for my family as a nurse. To my mom….my dad ….and for the budding one for not judging me as a nurse…for not keeping me aside and putting me down as I belong to a different profession (even though I will fight with you for the same). Instead you stood near me … made me believe how important I am …. I do believe it when I heard from you people. Thank you for giving me my life. Today when we celebrate National doctors day I just want to go back toward the journey of an ordinary girl from a lower middle class family who become a doctor. Nothing came to her as a fortune all was the fruit of her hard work.  
My grandfather was a clerk in a cashew factory in Kollam. He found it extremely difficult to manage the family of six children but never compromised in their education. Amma after her pre degree joined for B.Sc Botany as it was one of her favorite subject. Never in her wild dreams had she dreamed of becoming a doctor??? I don’t know…. But she had a higher aim of doing her post graduation. She completed her graduation with university seventh rank and was waiting for her M.Sc admission. Her cousin brother and his wife who were professors of Botany in Sree Narayana College, Kollam was so confident that she will get admission for medicine… she waited and the guess was not wrong. Thanks to Ravi mamman and Renuka teacher that she choose this profession and I had always seen that gratitude and respect in ammas eyes when she meet them during family functions.
So many good souls helped her….her cousins who were doctors had given her books...bone set. I remember my mom saying I never had text books of my own expect medicine and surgery. I borrowed and studied….she cleared her MBBS from her Alma matter – Trivandrum Medical College. Later she got married and came to a remote village where she runned her small clinic for years. You had several choices to raise your career. You sacrificed everything for us. You worked day and night for our good….

My child hood memories revolve around that table fan and your clinic amma. I remember when you had labor cases I was kept in Ravi pappans house. I admire your courage for conducting deliveries in minimal setup where was no transportation facility. Until my life was shifted to hostel my study table was your examination table. When there was a dilemma in choosing my profession you were firm and strong and this is the question I always hear from 2006 since I am in to nursing. Being doctors kid how your parents allowed you to become a nurse.  This is horrible what society thinks…a doctors child should only be a doctor...the legacy has to be followed or at least an engineer. Whether you clear the course or not are secondary, but should not be a nurse. You were always different you was proud when I cleared my graduation and post graduation and when I climbed each small steps of my career.
It is not on mother’s day that I should wish you and thank you but on this DOCTORS DAY for all your commitment and care you contributed towards the society and to us. Of course I missed you as a mom several times when you were not with me to share my school stories, to feed me and even now when I call you saying me… I have patient…. talk with you later….even though I feel angry I AM PROUD OF YOU AMMA!!!!  HAPPY DOCTORS DAY J

2 comments :

  1. I was astonished by you. the manner in which you make a site extremely intensive and great. This is extremely amazing. Much thanks to you for sharing ideally more fruitful.
    Whatsapp Status Best

    ReplyDelete